FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Los Angeles, CA, February 10, 2020 – If you’re looking for the best wrinkle treatments these days, you’ve probably heard of the most popular options Botox and Dysport. We had the chance to discuss your most frequently asked questions on the topic with one of the most well-known aesthetics doctors in Southern California. Read on!
“Botulinum toxin injections, are medical treatments that are used to help relax facial muscles.” – explains Dr. Tahsini from Skin Works Medical Spa in Torrance. Botox is the original one and has become a generic term, but these two brands work by very similar mechanisms. Simply put, when you inject them, they block the signal going between the nerves going to the muscle, so the muscle can’t cause wrinkles.
Dr. Tahsini shares with you the differences between these two wrinkle treatments.
There’s definitely no denying, the B-word, the seemingly miraculous treatment for wrinkles and fine lines, has definitely been a talking point of late. Botox injections are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the world, and there are a plethora of celebs who are rumored as swearing by youth-keeping injections. And this is not just in the media, it is also a talking point within the close circle of friends too. Would you? Wouldn’t you? Have you?
So, what is Botox Cosmetic Treatment? Botox is a drug made from a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It’s the same toxin that causes a life-threatening type of food poisoning called botulism. However, while it has been described as “the most poisonous substance known”, it all comes down to purity and dose when used safely for cosmetic purposes.
Botox® injections are easy, with minimal discomfort if administered by a skillful medical professional. It can smooth or eliminate fine lines and wrinkles in the following areas: in between the eyebrows, forehead, and around the eyes as well as additional areas. It can also be used to treat overactive sweat glands in hands and underarms (axillary hyperhidrosis).
Before having the procedure done, the patient should realize that Botox does not actually erase lines, but relaxes them. What this means is that deeper lines will become somewhat less deep and superficial lines will nearly disappear. It may be necessary for you to have additional procedures, such as the use of dermal filler substances (for example, Restylane, Juvederm, or Radiesse) to plump up the wrinkles that are now relaxed. Additionally, it may be necessary to have two or three sessions of treatment for deeper wrinkles before results become optimal.
Results can be noticed within 24 to 48 hours after treatment for moderate to severe frown lines. The results from treatment can last up to 4 months.
Learn more here about getting the Best Botox in South Bay Los Angeles.
Before & After Botox Treatment. Actual patient. Results may vary. Photos were taken at maximum frown and/or full smile before and after treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic at day 7. In two clinical studies for moderate to severe crow’s feet, 26.1% and 20.3% of people had ≥ 2-grade improvement at day 30. In one of these studies, 67.9% of people had mild or no crow’s feet on day 30 after treatment. In clinical studies for moderate to severe frown lines, physicians assessed 80% of people who had a significant improvement on day 30.
Dysport is almost a new competitor to Botox in the US but has been used in Europe for several years.
There is also another competitor, Xeomin. All of these products are relatively similar. Dysport® is approved to be injected into the muscles in the Glabella area (between the eyebrows), which improves the look of moderate to severe lines in between the brows.
Dysport can also be injected in additional areas of the face. Untreated muscles still work regularly, so you can continue to express feelings naturally. It is used by both women and men who want to reverse the look of aging.
Because Dysport delivers the natural-looking results people want, 97% of users say they’d do it again. Similar to Botox results can be noticed within 24 to 48 hours after treatment for moderate to severe frown lines. The results from Dysport treatment can last up to 4 months. Click here to learn how to get the Best Dysport in South Bay Los Angeles.
Botox vs. Dysport
According to Dr. Tahsini, overall, Botox and Dysport are very similar. Both are a type of botulinum type A used to relax the muscles that cause frown lines and other overactive muscles of the face, like forehead lines. He says it’s like comparing apples to apples. However, one should know the differences to make an educated decision:
The Four Main Differences:
1. The most popular advantage of Dysport is that it takes its effect a lot sooner than Botox.
- This is because Dysport has fewer proteins that surround the molecule, which allows for quicker absorption by the body. Clinical studies found that Dysport diffuses more (i.e., spreads to a broader area) during the injection. This can be beneficial when treating a larger area, such as extensive forehead wrinkles and areas with thinner muscles, such as crows’ feet, since they would require fewer injections due to the spreading. Fewer injections mean that there is a smaller likelihood of potential discomfort, swelling or bruising for you. However, there is also an onset of this. Unless the Physician is an experienced injector with a good understanding of more complex musculature (around the eyes, between the eyebrows), Dysport could spread into unwanted areas causing untoward side effects like blurry vision.
2. Dysport is slightly cheaper.
3. Dysport and Botox “units” are not the same.
- You can’t expect to use the same number of Dysport units that you are used to using in Botox units. The ratio of Dysport to Botox units is generally 2.5-3:1 (2.5-3 times more Dysport units per Botox unit).
4. Ultimately, it is far more important WHO is injecting, than which of these two you are using.
It’s of high importance to discuss your options with a board-certified doctor, or a certified nurse who knows and understands both products. Always ask for a consultation before you opt-in for any injectables.
2573 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite B
Originally Posted On: https://syndication.cloud/botox-vs-dysport-who-wins-the-battle/