SOURCE: NRG EnergyDESCRIPTION:
In 2020, we guided more business customers to what’s optimal, leveraging our energy industry knowledge, a technology-agnostic mindset, and a focus on their unique situations, goals, and needs. From there, robust solutions — efficient, resilient, cost-effective, and sustainable — naturally emerged.
Making sustainable attainable
Our Renewable Select energy plan allows businesses to embrace renewable energy without the need for onsite solar panels of their own, or complicated and often risky contract structures. How? Through a plan where everything is handled: solar energy is sourced and located and the business can point to a nearby solar facility and say, ‘that's where our solar comes from.' Best of all, it's a plan that provides a simple, predictable, fixed rate our customers can count on — and one that is cost-competitive, too.
Clean, green, and simple is our team’s formula for success.
Other choices for affordable, renewable energy:
- Community Solar brokerage — our team’s energy market expertise allows us to match communities with solar partners that can provide power using a local facility and often at a discount to standard rates. Community solar is available in select markets only, but more states are adding programs. This type of renewable energy purchase is ideal for users looking for local resources but who can’t use their own facility, as in the case of renters.
- Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (VPPAs) — many customers want renewable electricity to meet their sustainability commitments. However, they seek the benefit of renewable electricity attributes without having to take ownership of the physical energy. NRG Trading Advisors LLC (NTA) works with customers to structure virtual power purchase agreements with counterparties in a behind-the-scenes manner. NTA works through the complexity and delivers an end-result that offers more geographic and project type flexibility, resulting in a seamless and effective solution.
From renewable commitment to renewable reality
We applaud every business committing to a renewable energy goal. We’ve also helped many achieve those goals — quickly, smoothly, and measurably. One example: Bank of America.
Its goal: 100% of electricity from renewables
- Our solution: Renewable Select 10-year agreement
- Measurable impact: 160,000 MWh renewable electricity annually to 345 facilities in Texas (offices, financial centers, ATMs)
“NRG helped us implement a new and innovative renewable energy structure, and to demonstrate our strong commitment to carbon neutrality.”
Environmental, Social, and Governance Bank of America
Demand response (DR) made easy and seamless
Getting paid to use less electricity benefits the grid and customers alike. Our team makes it easy to put into action with tailored DR products and reduction plans.
New in 2020: Reliant Economic Dispatch:
- Enhanced DR product for Texas during summer months
- Day-ahead notifications for a more orderly reduction process
- Fewer restrictions and greater flexibility when it comes to reducing load — eliminating a major concern of many businesses and opening the door to a win-win solution
TEPA Supplier of the Year
Helping organizations achieve energy and sustainability goals is reward enough. Outside recognition, however, also came our way when NRG was voted 2020-2021 Supplier of the Year by designation from The Energy Professionals Association (TEPA), a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing competitive energy markets across the country.
The coveted award recognizes energy suppliers for comprehensive, innovative, and strategic vision and their customer service. Finalists and winners are selected by TEPA’s national membership based on several factors: •
- Overall satisfaction
- Ease of doing business
- Ethical business practices
- Customer service
- Price competitiveness
- Market knowledge
Partnerships in success
In 2020, we not only helped many businesses achieve success with their energy goals, we also celebrated it. In November, our Excellence in Energy Awards recognized customers in three key areas:
- Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- Bank of America
- City of Houston
- Dallas Independent School District
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Investment Corporation of America
- YMCA Dallas Metropolitan
Tweet me: See how @NRGEnergy guides business customers to robust solutions that are efficient, resilient, and cost-effective, creating customer-focused paths to #sustainable energy: https://bit.ly/36LD1Bx
KEYWORDS: NYSE:NRG, NRG Energy, Sustainability