SOURCE: National Diversity CouncilDESCRIPTION:
HOUSTON, Texas, August 13, 2021 /3BL Media/ - The Texas Diversity Council (NDC) will kick off its Legal Diversity Summit, “Raising the Bar: Legal Diversity in Action,” announcing the 2021 Top Women Lawyers and General Counsel on Tuesday, Sept. 28 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. virtually via Zoom. The event will recognize and celebrate a distinctive list of female lawyers who impact the legal industry and mold the future of the legal system with their insight and leadership. The event will also recognize top general counsel, a distinctive list of executives, partners and professionals who impact the legal industry.
“The 2021 Top Women Lawyers recognizes those that are changemakers working towards equity for all,” said Angeles Valenciano, CEO of the National Diversity Council. “We are proud of their leadership excellence and commitment to creating pathways for all women’s success.”
“We look forward to recognizing top general counsel executives, partners and professionals that are inspiring others and molding the future of the legal industry,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder and Chair of the National Diversity Council.
The event will kick off with a welcome from the CEO and the presentation of awards followed by a keynote speech. Individual ticket cost is $129.00. Registration is currently ongoing and can be completed at: http://txdc.org/event/2021-texas-legal-diversity-summit/. To learn more information about the event or sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
The 2021 Top Women Lawyers Award is based on the following criteria:
- Received a high degree of peer recognition for leadership excellence and professional expertise.
- Exemplifies a noteworthy commitment to fairness, equity, and justice in client representations and professional collaborations.
- Maintains a superior level of integrity and dignity across the full spectrum of legal dealings and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates commitment to helping other women succeed.
The 2021 Top General Counsel Award is based on the following criteria:
- Must be a General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer, Vice President or Associate General Counsel
- Demonstrates achievements across the full spectrum of in house responsibility
- Performs above and beyond the usual requirements of his or her professional capability
- Shows commitment to diversity and community well-being
- Displays high integrity and ethical behavior
2021 Top Women Lawyers
Gardere Wynne Sewell, Foley & Lardner LLP
Squire Patton Boggs
Terra Mareck Cothran
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
Kane, Russell, Coleman & Logan
Locke Lord LLP
McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore
Vinson & Elkins
Roberts Markel Weinberg Butler
Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Andrews & Kurth
Office Managing Partner
Husch Blackwell LLP
Langley & Banack Inc.
Anna Lisa Garcia
Royston & Rayzor, Vickery & Williams LLP
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
2021 Top General Counsel
Senior Vice President and General Counsel
Executive Vice President and General Counsel
Executive Vice President, Chief Legal and People Officer
About The Texas Diversity Council
The Texas Diversity Council (TXDC) is committed to fostering a learning environment for organizations to grow and leverage their knowledge of diversity. Through a variety of events and programs, the TXDC serves as the premier resource for diversity best practices and leadership development in Texas. More information about the Texas Diversity Council is available at: www.txdc.org.
Media Contact: Kamaria Monmouth
Sr. Communications Specialist
National Diversity Council
KEYWORDS: diversity, inclusion, legal diversity summit, top women lawyers, top general counsel, National Diversity Council, Texas Diversity Council, Lawyers, attorneys, Judges, Legal Field, equity, justice