SOURCE: Entergy CorporationDESCRIPTION:
NEW ORLEANS, November 30, 2021 /3BL Media/ - Entergy Corporation’s shareholders are helping protect the environment by contributing more than $1 million to partnering organizations through the company’s Environmental Initiatives Fund. These grants mark the 21st consecutive year that Entergy has earmarked funds at this scale to support the work of these important local drivers of needed environmental progress.
“Entergy is proud to partner with our communities to help reduce environmental risk and seize opportunities for everyone’s benefit,” said John Weiss, vice president of sustainability and environmental policy at Entergy. “Through these strategic environmental partnerships, we are supporting all of our stakeholders as we work together to build stronger and cleaner communities. These environmental projects help support Entergy’s vision to create long-term, sustainable value that benefits all our stakeholders.”
Entergy’s Environmental Initiatives Fund identifies environmentally beneficial projects or programs that help better the environment by reducing emissions, protecting natural resources and restoring wetlands and forests. The fund also focuses on educating Entergy customers, employees, communities and owners on the value of natural resources and other environmental improvements.
2021 Environmental Initiative Fund recipients include:
- Port Arthur Transit in Port Arthur, Texas, was granted $200,000 to purchase and install one electric commuter transit bus, bringing the city’s electric fleet to 11 buses.
- Adopt A Charger received $160,000 for the installation of up to 10 electric vehicle charging stations that are free of charge to the user and installed in high-profile locations in Arkansas.
- Restore the Earth Foundation was awarded nearly $110,000 to retrofit a second pump to move freshwater into an adjacent wetland complex at Pointe-aux-Chênes Wildlife Management Area in Louisiana. The project aims to improve the health of the state’s wetland ecosystem.
- Arbor Day Foundation received $100,000 for its free tree giveaway program that helps Entergy customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas strategically plant a tree near their homes for environmental and energy-savings benefits.
- The Audubon Nature Institute was granted $30,000 to support its Party for the Planet event series. The organization hosts a series of fun, educational environmental events and volunteer projects in New Orleans.
View the complete list of 2021 EIF grant recipients here.
Since 2001, more than $40 million of Entergy shareholder contributions have been invested in environmentally beneficial projects and programs through the Environmental Initiatives Fund.
The EIF also contributes to Entergy’s leadership role as an advocate for and contributor to solutions to our most critical environmental challenges, consistent with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The UNSDGs were established in 2015 as a “shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future.” Learn how Entergy’s operations contribute to the achievement of these global goals here.
About Entergy Corporation
Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR) is an integrated energy company engaged in electric power production, transmission and retail distribution operations. Entergy delivers electricity to 3 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy owns and operates one of the cleanest large-scale U.S. power generating fleets with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 7,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, Entergy has annual revenues of $10 billion and approximately 12,500 employees. Learn more at entergy.com and follow @Entergy on social media.
KEYWORDS: NYSE:ETR, entergy