NEW YORK, June 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apollo (NYSE: APO) (together with its consolidated subsidiaries, “Apollo”) today published its 14th annual sustainability report, “Investing in Tomorrow, Today.”
The report includes notable highlights from 2022 and milestones for Apollo’s sustainability program, including:
- Deploying $6B in clean energy and climate investments across asset classes, furthering progress toward our $50B target1.
- Achieving more than $1B in direct and indirect spending with diverse suppliers across Apollo-managed funds’ Private Equity portfolio.
- Completing 12,680 hours of employee volunteer service to support community partners, nonprofit organizations, and other philanthropic causes.
- Awarding nearly $3M in grants to 11 nonprofit organizations working to expand opportunity through the Apollo Opportunity Foundation.
- Expanding the breadth of our ESG due diligence for investments by:
- Building and deploying enhanced carbon assessment frameworks and ESG value creation playbooks for Private Equity;
- Developing sector-specific ESG and impact assessment frameworks for Credit; and,
- Elevating our ESG data infrastructure and capabilities.
Apollo CEO Marc Rowan said, “At Apollo, we’re in the business of making things better. Every action and every day, we are focused on making things better for our investors, shareholders, communities, employees, and the environment. This approach is embedded in our business, culture, and operations.”
The 14th annual report provides a comprehensive overview of Apollo’s sustainability strategy and highlights the firm’s integrated platform, extensive investment knowledge, longstanding leadership in ESG data collection and reporting, and strategic approach to drive returns and success for the company and its stakeholders.
“When I look back at the past two years, I’m really proud of what we have accomplished,” said Dave Stangis, Apollo’s Chief Sustainability Officer. “It has been a phase of foundation building, during which we took an industry-leading, integrated sustainability strategy and grew its reach and capabilities.”
For the first time, Apollo is reporting against the recommendations of the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”). The report is also informed by recognized reporting frameworks including the Global Reporting Index (“GRI”), the UN Sustainable Development Goals (“UN SDGs”), and the Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”).
In addition to the 14th annual sustainability report, the Firm also published an ESG Reporting Supplement, which details the activities of certain companies in which Apollo-managed funds have invested. For the first time, the ESG Reporting Supplement includes data on certain properties owned by certain Apollo-managed real estate funds.
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. In our asset management business, we seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three investing strategies: yield, hybrid, and equity. For more than three decades, our investing expertise across our fully integrated platform has served the financial return needs of our clients and provided businesses with innovative capital solutions for growth. Through Athene, our retirement services business, we specialize in helping clients achieve financial security by providing a suite of retirement savings products and acting as a solutions provider to institutions. Our patient, creative, and knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees, and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes. As of March 31, 2023, Apollo had approximately $598 billion of assets under management. To learn more, please visit www.apollo.com.
Global Head of Investor Relations
Apollo Global Management, Inc.
Global Head of Corporate Communications
Apollo Global Management, Inc.
1 Achieved by and a target of Apollo-managed funds.